Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pop Up Books

I am really tired! Yes, I have finally done the big move. It nearly killed me! I had to clean the house I was moving into from top to bottom, to get rid of all the builders dust, I then had to clean the house we moved out from. On top of all this myself and my brother are getting work done on my Dad's house. I am starting to think I need big projects to feel complete!




My mother was a hoarder and while emptying out my Dad's house we were brought back to our early years with some of things she had collected. One thing I found which I thought I might share with you was a pop up book I created during college. I always loved pop up books and would love to have done one commercially but it never happened. So here in my handmade, one of a kind, pop up book- Count with Warty Witch!



I remember this being quite a difficult project but I loved every minute of it. When I left college I had a Warty Witch book published by Oxford University Press. I never made any money on it but she was a great character to illustrate.

4 comments:

  1. Love this book. I hope you do a pop up book with all your animals, that would be fun. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your words of encouragement. All comments are welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go and show it to a publisher !!!! I love it and would buy one !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Silke,

    Never thought of showing it to a publisher! It has been hidden away in an attic for years nice to have it viewed by other people.

    Thanks for comment!

    ReplyDelete

Blue Throw Blanket / Kids Throw Blanket /Lion Throw Blanket /

Blue Throw Blanket / Kids Throw Blanket /Lion Throw Blanket / Snorkeling Throw Blanket / Water Throw Blanket I love the use of my art on thi...