Saturday, April 4, 2009

Social Networking.

Above is my profile image for my social networking sites. (A great likeness!)

Wikipedia says-

A social network service focuses on building online communities of people who share interests and/or activities, or who are interested in exploring the interests and activities of others. Most social network services are web based and provide a variety of ways for users to interact, such as e-mail and instant messaging services.

Social networking has encouraged new ways to communicate and share information. Social networking websites are being used regularly by millions of people, and it now seems that social networking will be an enduring part of everyday life.


I would love to hear how other people get on with social networking sites. I discovered Facebook a couple of years ago but I never really got it, it took me two years to collect 46 friends! My brother on the other hand has collected 2,806 friends in less time! I never used it to promote my work or career and found it strange updating my friends on every move I made. I only really like to network about my work, so I thought Twitter might be better.

I started Twittering a couple of months ago and have 50 followers. I kind of get it more than Facebook but still struggle to do more than two twitters a day. It is fun, but I just can't Twitter about having a coffee break or going to the gym etc. It would be great to hear your stories on social networking, please leave a comment.

I think we should spread some social networking karma and follow each other on Twitter! You can follow my twittering here, I will follow you back. Happy Twittering!


1 comment:

  1. I do enjoy twittering and reading blogs. Your is great and good luck with the twittering!

    ReplyDelete

Blue Throw Blanket / Kids Throw Blanket /Lion Throw Blanket /

Blue Throw Blanket / Kids Throw Blanket /Lion Throw Blanket / Snorkeling Throw Blanket / Water Throw Blanket I love the use of my art on thi...