Monday, March 9, 2009

Licensing My Art.


I am licensing some of my work to a U.K. canvas print reproduction company called Happy Spaces. It has started me thinking about licensing my art. I really love producing and selling my own work but over the years I have thought about getting a licensing agent to sell my art internationally. Every artists dream!

I love thinking of product to produce for my online shop and enjoy the limitations I have with the cost of production and postal sizes. I have to be very creative with what products to produce, cost is always a big issue and all products have to be small and lightweight for posting. All the products I produce are on paper or card, I would love to do work on fabric and ceramic, design bags and bedding, you name it and I would love to create art for it!

I am starting by licensing my art on canvas, and shall see how well Happy Spaces sell my art, but I might start looking for that licensing company to reproduce my art onto all the products that I won't be able to get my creative hands on!

Above is one of the images I am licensing to Happy Spaces.

2 comments:

  1. How do you go about finding a reputable agent? I would love to do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it is hard. The company Happy spaces approached me. I am going to look for an licensing agent but I think a good one will be hard to find.

    I will keep you posted on how I get on!

    ReplyDelete

Blue Throw Blanket / Kids Throw Blanket /Lion Throw Blanket /

Blue Throw Blanket / Kids Throw Blanket /Lion Throw Blanket / Snorkeling Throw Blanket / Water Throw Blanket I love the use of my art on thi...