Saturday, January 31, 2009

www.carladaly.com


I have written about how I came to start my online shop selling my nursery art and wall art for children, now I would like to write about the design, seo (search engine optimization) and general development of this site. This definitely has been a labour of love, started with really a zero budget, my husband (Laszlo) designed and created my online shop and I started the daunting task of promoting my site. I saw a lady on tv talking about online business, she said you will do nothing for three years but eat and sleep your online business before you see some real returns.





Well, I did sart to sell straight away but sales could be erratic. I learnt about seo and started to promote my site. You really can do your own seo up to a point, all the information is there on the interent but seo can consume you, it takes a lot of time. I discovered this, so after two years I professionally redesigned my site
(I felt a visual makeover was my first step), above are the rough designs for my site, please compare it with the final shop-
www.carladaly.com. And this year I have taken on a professional seo company, I have only been with them for a month so we will have to wait to see the outcome. This now leaves me the time to create more artwork which really is what it is all about!

3 comments:

  1. I too have been trying my hand at starting an online business, and yes it definitely has been quite tiring. I'm glad you stuck it out. Your site looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More time for your artwork will be good. That's where the real money is made anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I don't find myself being consumed by SEO...but then again I'm not getting many sales either.....

    ReplyDelete

Blue Throw Blanket / Kids Throw Blanket /Lion Throw Blanket /

Blue Throw Blanket / Kids Throw Blanket /Lion Throw Blanket / Snorkeling Throw Blanket / Water Throw Blanket I love the use of my art on thi...